Thursday, January 19, 2012

Valentine Crayons

Brandy and I have been trying to come up with a non candy alternative for Valentine's Day.  I made heart shaped crayons for her girls to take to school as treats for their classmates.  And YES you can use the $2.50 silicone ice trays from Target!!  I chopped up crayons that I had bought at the beginning of school when they were cheap.
 I added these to the ice trays and put them in the oven at 200 degrees.  I watched them until they were melted, not sure how long.  Since I wasn't sure if the ice tray would melt too, I kept a close eye on it.  Be careful when taking it out of the oven or you will slosh it like I did.
 After they cooled some I popped them out of the ice tray and there you go.
There were 14 hearts per tray and I did 4 trays.  Now I just need to find a topper for these after I put them in a cellophane bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment